INTRODUCING THE SHENANDOAH VALLEY CHESS CLUB COMPETITION TEAM!
The Shenandoah Valley Chess Club is excited to announce the formation of a competitive travel team! Members of the Competition Team will travel together to US Chess Affiliated Tournaments and represent the Shenandoah Valley Chess Club in Scholastic Tournaments with the goal of competing in the Virginia Scholastic Championships in Alexandria, Virginia on March 7th and 8th, 2020.
Even though they will be representing our club, team members will compete individually. However, at evetns where outside club teams are permitted the team will compete for team trophies. Team members that attend the same school will be eligible for any school awards offered at the tournments.
The cost for joining the competition team is $25. (This is a prorated fee due to the limited time this program will run this academic year) Scholarships are available.
Team members will recieve:
- An Official Shenandoah Valley Chess Club Competition Team Shirt
- Free entry to all SVCC sponsored Scholastic only Tournaments
- Discounted entry fees to all SVCC sponsored non-scholastic only tournaments.
- A Gold level membership to ChessKid.
- Competition Targeted Group practices and lessons with the Chess Coaches
- A 25% Discount on all Shenandoah Valley Chess Club Merchandise
- Access to one-on-one Chess Lessons with the Chess Coaches
- End of Season awards for the top players in each age category